Belize Electricity Limited (BEL) is the primary distributor of electricity in Belize, Central America. Aggregate annual energy sold was approximately 535 gigawatt hours (GWh) in 2015. The Company served a customer base of 86,871 accounts or 69,348 customers, with a peak power demand of approximately 96 megawatts (MW) in 2015.


BEL’s national electricity grid connects all major municipalities (load centers), except for Caye Caulker, with approximately 1,850 miles of transmission and primary distribution lines. The grid is supplied by local Independent Power Producers utilizing hydroelectricity, biomass, petroleum and solar energy sources; and is secured and stabilized since 1998 by the interconnection with Mexico.


The Government of Belize (GOB) is the largest shareholder in BEL, with direct ownership of approximately 36.9% interest in the Company. The Social Security Board (SSB) owns 26.9%, so that the total public sector interest amounts to 63.8%. Fortis Cayman Inc. owns approximately 33.3% and over 1,500 small shareholders own the remaining 2.9% interest in ordinary shares.


Welcome to BEL online
Home
Manage your Account via E-Service
Get Power Updates via Facebook
Watch us on YouTube
Atlantic Bank
Belize Bank
Heritage Bank
Scotia Bank
First Caribbean Bank
Pay Online
Terms of Use   /   Copyright - Belize Electricity Limited
The 'Pay Online' links provided directs you to third party websites. You will be leaving BEL's website. Belize Electricity Limited is not responsible for the content of any third party website.
Company Profile
Learn More
Register
Sign In